Adult Industry- what expenses are tax deductible?
First the costs you CAN claim against your income;
• Dry cleaning
• Room setting
• Sex toys
• Agency fees
• Toiletries – if provided (this could also include towels purchased specifically for client use)
General Costs/ Overheads
• Travel to clients
• Telephone (mobile). If you have a separate business & work phone 100% of the business phone will be allowable otherwise a sensible proportion of the personal mobile
• Use of Home as Office – this is generally calculated as approx £200-£250 per year or can be calculated based on percentage of office space v rest of house multiplied by electricity water and heating bills for the year)
• Computer equipment ie laptop/ phone
• Website costs- ie design/ maintenance/ photography
• Website hosting
• Bank charges
• Accountancy fees
And finally those which are NOT allowable for tax ….
• General day to day clothes (or shoes). If you could wear it (in public) other than for work then you won’t get the relief.
• Entertaining (ie food/ drink)
• Rent – unless a separate place of work and home
• Council tax
Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for specific information or to discuss your individual circumstances.